B.Com Admission Notice No. 01
Applications are invited for admission to 1st year B.Com. Honours Course in Accounting and Finance under the University of Calcutta for the Academic Session 2017 – 2018.
- Passed 10+2 Examination or its equivalent in 2012 and onwards with at least five subjects of 100 marks each including English and any one of the following related subjects, viz.,
Accountancy, Business Economics including Business Mathematics, Business Organisation, Mathematics, Business Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Business Studies, Office Practice and Secretarial, Financial Accounting, Elements of Cost Accountancy and Auditing, Book Keeping, Commerce, Cost Accountancy and Principle of Management.
- Secured the minimum marks as indicated below:
- For General category candidates: 75% in aggregate and 60% in the related subject (For PWD candidates 71.25% in aggregate).
- For OBC-A and OBC-B Candidates of West Bengal only : 67.5% in aggregate and 54% in the related subject (for PWD candidates 64.23% in aggregate).
- For SC/ST Candidates of West Bengal only: 56.25% in aggregate and 45% in the related subject (For PWD candidates 53.44% in aggregate).
- 3% of seats are reserved for persons with disabilities in each category.
Clarification relating to Point No. 2
Aggregate Percentage of marks is to be calculated by considering the best marks obtained in the four subjects excluding the compulsory Environmental Education / Studies. If any of the subjects (Environmental Education/Environmental Science/Environmental Studies) is studied as an Elective subject of 100 marks, it may be taken into account for the purpose of determining aggregate marks.
♦Selection Procedure: Selection of candidates will be made strictly on the basis of merit.
List of selected candidates will be displayed in our admission website. Candidates are advised to mention their first choice either for Morning or for Day section. However, they will also be allowed to exercise their second choice for a particular/ other section, at the time of admission subject to availability of seats.
♦Issue and Submission of Forms:
The Application Form will only be available online. Candidates are advised to fill in the Application Form electronically (online). In no case, filled-up forms will be received by the office of the College. For electronic submission of the Application Form log on the Admission Website of the College www.goenkacollegeadmissions.com. Candidates will have to deposit online application fee (non-refundable) of Rs. 30 in Cash/Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking (Plus Bank Charges as applicable) to the Bank Account No.128801000689(IFSC Code: ICIC0001288) of ICICI Bank.
*PWD = Person with Disabilities
♦Dates of Online Submission of Form: 01.06.2017 to 08.06.2017
♦Dates of Deposit of Online Application Fee: 01.06.2017 to 09.06.2017
♦Date of Publication of Provisional Merit List and Provisional Waiting List I: 15.06.2017 at 4 P.M.
♦Admission Schedule: To be notified later on.
Important Points Relating to Provisional Merit List and Admission
- If any listed applicant fails to report on the scheduled date and time he/she will not get any further chance of admission. All concerned are to note that on merit based admission if any applicant is absent, the next applicant in the merit list is admitted. No request for considering the absence on the scheduled date and time on any ground will be entertained.
- Publication of name in the provisional merit list does not guarantee admission which is subject to verification of all original documents related to the information stated in electronically submitted application and payment of online application fee.
- Applicants must note that after admission no interchange between Morning Section and Day Section is allowed.
- The selected applicants must submit at the time of admission the following declarations (i) for attending classes regularly and (ii) for abiding by the anti-ragging regulations of the institution.
- All applicants must note that college follows a very strict stance regarding class attendance.
- Caste certificate issued other than by state of West Bengal will not be eligible for getting the reservation facility.
♦Documents to be produced at the time of Admission::
- Original age proof certificate.
- Photocopy of age proof certificate.
- Original mark sheet of class XII examination.
- Photocopy of the Mark Sheet of the Class XII examination.
- Original SC / ST / OBC-A / OBC-B certificate.
- Photocopy of the SC / ST / OBC-A / OBC-B certificate.
- Original Physically Challenged certificate.
- Photocopy of the Physically Challenged certificate.
- Two recent stamp-sized colour photographs.
- On line application fee receipt.
- A PRINT-OUT OF THE ONLINE SUBMITTED APPLICATION FORM IN A SINGLE PAGE (PRINTED IN BOTH SIDE)